Find your personality type (on mobile phones, tap on “3 dots on top right side” and tap on “find in page” to find your personality code quickly).
The Inspector (ISTJ): introverted – sensing – thinking – judging
If you’re an ISTJ, you are a responsible, reliable, and incredibly hard-working individual, who always gets the job done. In your history group project, you’re the one quietly making sure all the pieces are coming together, even as the rest of the group is chatting away. You have a direct communication style, and don’t mince words — whether you’re getting up the courage to ask out your crush, or telling your lab partner what substances to mix. On the social side, you are a super-loyal friend; practicing honesty, understanding, and helpfulness just make sense to you.
- Defining qualities: responsible, honest, hard-working, thoughtful, relaxed, blunt
- ISTJs you know: Satyajit Ray, Narayan Murthy, Queen Elizabeth, Warren Buffett
- At a party: Showing up right on time
- In your high school class: Most Dedicated
The Protector (ISFJ): introverted – sensing – feeling – judging
If you’re an ISFJ, your greatest gift is your quiet dedication to those you love. You are the first to notice if one of your friends is feeling down, are quick to jump in and help settle an argument, and would drop everything to help someone with a last-minute project. You’re a wallflower and a people-watcher by nature, but you also know when to jump in and have a good time. You have a knack for anticipating others’ needs, whether it’s a shoulder to cry on or a party to plan, and the the desire to help meet them. You are family-oriented; you were probably close to your siblings and/or parents growing up (and still are!). Although you’re probably a good student and an awesome friend, you’re also the last person to gloat about it.
- Defining qualities: humble, warm, kind, helpful, watchful, private, sensitive
- ISFJs you know: Sachin Tendulkar, Milkha Singh, Mother Teresa, Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- At a party: Hanging with a few close friends.
- In your high school class: Everyone’s Friend
The Counselor (INFJ): introverted – intuitive – feeling – judging
If you’re an INFJ, you’re an incredibly rare breed; INFJs comprise less than 2% of the population. You have this unique ability to read people, and typically know how others are feeling even before they tell you. You’re caring, kind and deeply empathetic, so you’re probably that friend who can get even the most feelings-avoidant person to open up to you. You have a vivid imagination, and love wordplay; you are often charmed by a sharp wit or well-placed pun. Although private and soft-spoken, you’re probably scoring top marks in school, too; INFJs typically have varied interests, and deep knowledge of subjects ranging from history and science to the arts.
- Defining qualities: perceptive, creative, caring, deep, bright
- INFJs you know: Mahatma Gandhi, Narendra Modi, Sarojini Naidu, Nelson Mandela
- At a party: People-watching from the corner.
- In your high school class: The Perfectionist
The Mastermind (INTJ): introverted – intuitive – thinking – judging
INTJs are the Myers-Briggs’ masterminds; you see life as a huge chess board, looking at all the potential moves and their effects. And while you may be reserved, you’re far from ho-hum; you are direct, intelligent, and imaginative, with the drive to make your plans a reality. You see possibilities everywhere: What can be deconstructed and improved upon? Whether it’s a more efficient way to travel with your family, or a new invention that came to you while watching Netflix, you notice patterns in your environment that can lead to new systems to achieve goals. Socially, you’re a true individual; you don’t play the popularity game, and won’t attend a dance or party unless you actually want to. You tend to keep your close friends close, though, and are loyal to a fault. You excel in math and science, but can catch onto almost anything that peaks your interest. Comprising around 2% of the population, those like you tend to fly under the radar — but their impacts are felt. Many great innovators, inventors and game-changers are INTJs.
- Defining qualities: visionary, hard-working, innovative, bright, independent, direct
- INTJs you know: Ratan Tata, Vishwanath Anand, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk
- At a party: Pouting with the BFF, and then leaving early.
- In your high school class: Valedictorian
The Crafter (ISTP): introverted – sensing – thinking – perceiving
ISTPs are the lone wolves, and the laid-back rebels of the Myers-Briggs system. You’re that person everyone wants to be around. You redefine “chill,” and you’re always up for a good time, whether it’s biking to the park on a sunny afternoon or an impromptu weekend trip. You might not be the most emotional person in the world, and it’s rare that you’d divulge your feelings openly. That said, you play a super-supportive role in many people’s lives. You always seem to show up when there’s a need, and you’re the first to step in if a friend needs help shoveling snow, fixing a car, or setting up for a school dance. You’re also good with technical work that requires attention to detail, mental processing and execution, which is why you’re likely to find many engineers carry the ISTP label.
- Defining qualities: detail-oriented, observant, analytical, supportive, laid-back
- ISTPs you know: Amartya Sen, Akshay Kumar, Imtiaz Ali, Michael Jordan
- At a party: Showing up late, playing ping-pong in the basement.
- In your high school class: Biggest Rebel
The Composer (ISFP): introverted – sensing – feeling – perceiving
You’ve got a sensitive soul and the heart of an artist, ISFP. You may be a little on the shy side, but your personality tends to come out when you’re in your element, whether you’re starring in the school play, strumming on your guitar, or taking a new pottery class. While lectures and class work may seem tedious, you excel when it comes to hands-on learning where you’re allowed to flex your creative muscles. Although you like to be left alone to craft and create, you’re also warm, tender-hearted, non-judgmental, and a natural caretaker. People love you, and you love them.
- Defining qualities: creative, artistic, warm, enthusiastic, free spirit
- ISFPs you know: Lata Mangeshkar, R. K. Narayan, Amrita Sher-Gil, Mozart
- At a party: Creating the party playlist.
- In your high school class: Most Artistic
The Healer (INFP): introverted – intuitive – feeling – perceiving
INFPs are the quiet dreamers, with roaring passion hidden away. You love big, pursue the path-less-traveled, and frequently stand up for the values you deeply believe in. You probably have a wide net of friends from different circles, and love to spend time reading, traveling, and learning about other cultures. You’re definitely a romantic, but shy in nature and very careful about opening your emotional world to those who might not appreciate it. You’re likely active (and knowledgeable) about different causes that speak to you, whether that’s environmental protection or global humanitarian issues, and you march to the beat of your own drum. You’re a true individual — quirky, creative, lovable, and kind-hearted to the core.
- Defining qualities: altruistic, friendly, big dreamer, passionate, idealistic
- INFPs you know: Pandit Jawahrlala Nehru, Bhagat Singh, Kishore Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan
- At a party: Asking the most interesting, random questions.
- In your high school class: The Quirkiest
The Architect (INTP): introverted – intuitive – thinking – perceiving
INTPs are among the brainiest types in the Myers-Briggs system. You want to understand how the universe ticks, and look for patterns to help you analyze and explain the phenomena you find most interesting. You’re exacting with your logic; you don’t just know the right answer on the math or science test, but how you got there and why the formula is important. For that reason, you might also like subjects like philosophy and sociology. You don’t push your theories and smarts on others, but tend to perk up whenever someone is engaging in an intellectual debate. You’re selective about your friendships, and prefer to hang with people who will elevate your thinking. Now, all this brainpower might seem serious, but you can be quirky and silly with those you know best. (Send forth the memes.)
- Defining qualities: smart, innovative, precise, individualistic, reserved
- INTPs you know: A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, Swami Vivekananda, Bill Gates, Albert Einstein
- At a party: Concocting theories on the couch with a few skeptical listeners.
- In your high school class: Most Brilliant
The Promoter (ESTP): extroverted – sensing – thinking – perceiving
ESTPs are always too cool for school, although they never try to be. You are probably the center of your social circle, and love to hang with your friends. You’re a bit of a daredevil at heart, and you hate sitting still; you’re probably involved in sports (maybe even of the extreme variety), and excel at hands-on learning. You like having experiences for the sake of trying everything in life once, and you’d jump at the chance to scuba dive, skydive, or mountain climb. The craziest part about you, perhaps? You do all of the above with a laid-back confidence that puts others at ease. If there was ever an unexpected crisis, like a blown tire on the highway, you’d be the one to step up and take charge.
- Defining qualities: confident, friendly, perceptive, practical, risk-taker, spontaneous
- ESTPs you know: Khushwant Singh, Farhan Akhtar, Madonna, Theodore Roosevelt
- At a party: Literally brought the party.
- In your high school class: The Coolest
The Performer (ESFP): extroverted – sensing – thinking – perceiving
There’s never a dull moment with an ESFP, and your personal motto might as well be “Seize the day.” You transform a lunch hour or homeroom from ho-hum to hilarious with your infectious enthusiasm and mile-a-minute energy. You have this unique ability to entertain others and turn sour attitudes around, whether that’s telling a silly joke or insisting on a sudden adventure. You may excel in the spotlight, which is why so many ESFPs wind up in entertainment fields, but you also have an eye for aesthetics and may enjoy fashion or cosmetology. At your core, though, you are a non-judgmental nurturer. You want to see others live their happiest lives — which, yes, you also want for yourself!
- Defining qualities: fun, enthusiastic, perceptive, loving, nurturing, childlike spirit
- ESFPs you know: Ata Bihari Vajpayee, Rajesh Khanna, Bill Clinton
- At a party: The first to hit the dance floor.
- In your high school class: Life of the Party
The Champion (ENFP): extroverted – intuitive – feeling – perceiving
ENFPs are passionate social butterflies who delight in … well, just about everything. Although you make new friends wherever you roam, you also have varied interests that you like to explore solo. You love to read new books covering poetry, sci-fi, or religion, as much as you like chatting up a new acquaintance. Socially, you have the unique ability to connect with others, and ask just the right questions to help them feel seen, heard and understood. You believe the best in people, and want them to recognize the awesome ways they could impact the world. In that, you also know just how to rally people around a cause or commitment, making you an excellent leader in extra-curriculars that speak to your soul. One day, you could totally excel in education or nonprofit work. And while you may ultimately just want to better humanity, you are also a free spirit to the core — and hate when someone tries to rein in your spark.
- Defining qualities: energetic, creative, supportive, passionate, individualistic
- ENFPs you know: Osho, Baba Amte, Shankar Mahadevan, Walt Disney
- At a party: Helping the introverts feel more comfortable with engaging conversation.
- In your high school class: Most Inspiring
The Inventor (ENTP): extroverted – intuitive – thinking – perceiving
There are few types as layered and fascinating as ENTPs. A true innovator, you see possibilities everywhere you look. “What if?” is your absolute favorite question. You’re not afraid to tear apart a system — a car engine, a scientific theory — if you think you can improve upon whatever currently exists. Socially, you’re always surrounded by friends and make an awesome companion for adventuring — which you love to do, because it’s just another way for you to learn, soak up data, and gain experiences that could help trigger new thought patterns. You also tend to start debates among friends, playing devil’s advocate to test (sometimes wild) ideas and theories. (But it’s all in good fun.) You really are a thoughtful, loyal friend when someone infiltrates your inner circle. You also have a playful spirit, and tend to attract a swarm of suitors, but beware. All your charm and wit may break a few hearts!
- Defining qualities: innovative, creative, charming, bright, adventurous, quick-witted
- ENTPs you know: Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Harsha Bhogle, Steve Jobs, Thomas Edison
- At a party: Flirting with a few, and charming everyone.
- In your high school class: Most Innovative
The Supervisor (ESTJ): extroverted – sensing – thinking – judging
There are few more capable personality types than ESTJs. Give you a task, you’ll get it done. In school, you’re the president of the various student organizations and the one managing every group project. You excel at organizing people, data, and ideas, and are quick to figure out how best to execute an assignment. Off the clock, though, you’re a chill friend who doesn’t infringe upon the decisions of others. Although you are undoubtedly social, you never meddle; you give respect, and expect it back in return. You like to do your own thing, whether that’s kayaking with friends on a summer day or catching up on reading you’ve missed during the week. You like to travel, too, because it helps you detach from the stresses of your day-to-day life. Since you’ve already got your sights set on a top-notch college, you’ve got to be on your game Monday through Friday!
- Defining qualities: a leader, direct, capable, assertive, accomplished, efficient
- ESTJs you know: Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Rajendra Prasad, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Laxmi Mittal
- At a party: Unwinding by the snack table after an exhausting week.
- In your high school class: Most Driven
The Provider (ESFJ): extroverted – sensing – feeling – judging
Popular and social, ESFJs love to make others feel at home with small acts of kindness. You’re likely the first to lead planning committees at school, and excel at organization. You’re a caretaker at heart, and you never let your friends down. You’d be the first to bake cookies, plan a sleepover, and lead the discussion. All the said, if you keep your friends close, you keep your family even closer — especially any kids in your life. You have the awesome ability to talk to children with the same respect and enthusiasm as you do your peers, and would never shy away from an activity like hide-and-seek or crafting. You definitely see yourself as a parent someday. Ultimately, your strength lies in your ability to wear your heart on your sleeve, keep a level head, and always put a smile on. Never lose that positive energy.
- Defining qualities: friendly, detail-oriented, supportive, giving, sensitive
- ESFJs you know: J. R. D. Tata, B. R. Ambedkar, Bismillah Khan, Lal Bahadur Shashtri
- At a party: Brought the most delicious (and elaborate) cake.
- In your high school class: Mother Hen
The Teacher (ENFJ): extroverted – intuitive – feeling – judging
If one word could characterize an ENFJ, it’s “passion.” Charismatic, charming, and bright, you excel in school, probably have a dream board, and have known your lifelong goals since childhood. However, your enthusiasm for people is central to all that you are. Of all the types, you have the best read on what others are feeling, and the unique ability to pinpoint why they’re feeling it; you’d make a great psychologist or counselor someday for that very reason! With your friends, you would be the first to notice a subtle shift in someone’s mood, and would gladly drop everything to help them through a crisis. Likewise, you’re one of the first people others want to call to celebrate their successes, because you’re just so darn supportive. You also have a knack for inspiring others either with words of encouragement — or more creative endeavors, like writing or directing a play that speaks to the human condition.
- Defining qualities: passionate, goal-oriented, giving, loving, driven, dramatic
- ENFJs you know: Zubin Mehta, Preity Zinta, Oprah Winfrey, Barack Obama
- At a party: Locked in deep conversation the whole night.
- In your high school class: Most Charismatic
The Fieldmarshal (ENTJ): extroverted – intuitive – thinking – judging
ENTJs are the strong-willed leaders of the Myers-Briggs system, with drive, grit and determination to excel. You are usually the most capable person in any room and definitely one of the smartest. Logic and reason are where you shine bright, and you have a knack for figuring out the best way to execute a plan and rally others toward a goal. For this reason, plenty of ENTJs end up in business, tech, and politics. While others often see you in “goal mode,” you’re also a great friend — one of your unsung qualities. While other types might be supportive when a pal is dealing with a problem, you’re actually one of the first to drop everything, show up, and help get them out of the bind. With your sharp mind, wide array of interests, and wealth of insight guiding the way, there’s nothing you can’t accomplish.
- Defining qualities: driven, focused, logical, persuasive, smart, determined
- ENTJs you know: Dhirubhai Ambani, Indira Gandhi, Vinod Khosla, George Clooney
- At a party: Telling everyone where to park their cars and how best to navigate the snack table.
- In your high school class: Most Likely to Succeed